Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Planets, stars & my new JOB


Sometimes, right in front of your eyes, the planets line up & the stars fall into sync & the whole world, just for one brief minute, is Right. This job at Liv's school fell into my lap quite litterally last week in the form of a notice sent home by her classroom teacher who heard I had a teaching degree. She notified me of a job, I called the lady, we set up a time & here I am. I start Sept. 5 as a Literacy Success Program teacher working with remedial readers & writers in their classrooms. I have a part time school calendar meaning I don't work on days of major testing or holidays or in-service days. I only work when Livi goes to school. I am only there for 5 hours per day and they don't want me to have to do testing or record keeping. No parent meetings or staff meetings or curriculum reviews or IEP meetings. I just go there when Liv is there, teach some kids & go home - no homework to grade or tests to correct. Is this perfect or what??? Like I've said in the past - I am lucky! At least for this brief moment in time; the cosmos are working for me!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

congratulations! it sounds great!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

WOW!! I'm really excited for you!! So will the kids call you Captain Kate or what?

6:15 AM  
Blogger Kate G said...

hadn't really given it any thought. I guess maybe they should. I'll have it printed on my name tag. Thanks

7:02 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

YAY CONCHY QUEEN! Congrats my dear....

8:18 AM  
Blogger Kate G said...

I was at Personell in Largo at what we refer to in the county system as the 'Tajmahal', to pick up my re-hire paperwork. Ummm.. they seem to have lost my records. Yeah, there is no record of my employment with Pinellas County Schools whatsoever from 1995 - 1998. This is truly disturbing for me as I know I was there & I taught & collected a paycheck. Go figure....I'll sort it all out but it is very invalidating to find that you didn't exist for 4 years. Good thing I'm a pro at recreating paperwork....thank god I kept my Teaching Cert. from FL & still have a number. & am able to umm track down... the other info needed. You gotta wonder about the PCSAdmin dept. Are they really looking out for our children or just filing/losing paperwork?

10:34 AM  
Blogger heather said...

yikes. you've acquired the power to become invisible. my records are showing that your trip to maine this summer was a figment of your imagination. good thing you have pics to prove otherwise.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Kate G said...

Lord I was LOST but now I am FOUND. Thank you Jesus!!! It's good to know that your professional career was not a figment of your imagination. There are many times I can't remember & some I wish I could forget but teaching for 4 years is not one of them. Thank you again Lord!!!

12:06 PM  
Blogger heather said...

so you're christian?

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home