Thursday, September 28, 2006

No Tea For YOU!!

Well I've had a spectacular week.

1. I got into another brawl with the lunch ladies at Liv's school. You'll recall I had it out with them last year as my daughter was charged for 4 breakfasts & never has eaten there for breakfast - not ONCE. It led me to further question their 'Accounting' system which consists of them asking the 5 year old kids to repeat their 6 digit number....HUMMM that should be good right? So I made them remove my daughters account digits & assured all parties that we would send in money each & every Friday she chose to eat their scrumptious lunch. This has been working with few hitches until I stopped briefly to pour a cup of tea from the premade dispenser. I have been there working for 5 weeks. I've been told by my teammates that tea is free. I've gotten tea in a cup almost every day I've been there. Today, it wasn't free. Nope, as a matter of fact it cost .25cents each cup & since I used my own cup, which I'm not supposed to do - it would cost more. ?????? Guess who had the honor of telling me I owed her money... one & the same lunch room Gestapo who I finger pointed with last year. Being on my lunch break I had no recourse but to apologize & beg forgiveness. Later that day I bounced straight up to the see you next tuesday & dropped a 5 spot on her sanitized counter. "you'll accept my donation & I'm sure you'll account for it properly!" & bounced my smug butt right out. Things you should never do or say to those in charge of you & your beloved kid's food.

2. Pissed my eldest brother right off... who knows if he's even talking to me. Don't offer advise toward other peoples kids... EVER. Even if you think it is in their best interest & you would want to be told cuz the truth is - no one wants to be told how to do it cuz none of us are doing it right!!!

3. Had a tremendous screaming match with my best friend who may or may not ever speak to me again. I said mean & hurtful things just because I was feeling mean & hurt. Never a good idea to talk when you're still hot about a subject. Best to just let it cool off & regroup.

4. Tomorrow, I'm headed down to the courthouse to evict a tenant whom I know has no place to go but this big bad slumlord has to cover her own business ass. I have warm fuzzies just thinking about it.

I'm feeling like just canceling my blog. What a horrible person I am? I don't deserve Christmas this year; maybe we should send all the $ from my gifts to the poor Indonesian children or something? Do you see a pattern here? Is it that time again? I don't think I can even use the PMS card on all of this - it's just me!!! uuggg.

9 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

daaaaaaaamn. don't you dare cancel your blog or i'll have to scrounge my town sources for your tele number to plead with you to keep my sorrowful life at least happy in front of the computer. have some wine and remember that your momma will be there soon. deep breaths. wax on. wax off.

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still read it too. don't cancel it.

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a faithfull following.....and your blog is entertaining

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Kate: stay out of that miserable cafateria, bring your own tea in a cooler like me. The place smells yukkie anyway right?

Your Brother will forgive you (after a while)

Things will patch up in time with your old bud. Men come and go, but sisterhood is forever.

You git yur ass down to the Couthouse and put that person out on the street. You and T are in BUSINESS to MAKE MONEY. It is not your problem that people over-commit or under budget....you and T are not the welfare...(even though most everyone else that looks like you in that part of town is handing out some kind of goodies Do you two not deserve to profit from all of the investment and hard (and dirty work) that you do to make the new places nice.

...remember that you and T are the victim in this case.

With regard to the blog...its a terrible waste of everyones time, but there are some who feel that it is a good outlet and sounding board for our day to day chalenges.

Good newsie gas $2.17 at Central and 1st Ave South

Oooooo Baby things are gonna get better Oooooo Baby they gonna get briiiighter...

7:47 AM  
Blogger heather said...

i think you ought to look lunch lady square in the eye and say....hey biotch...you and me...2:30 behind the gym!!!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Kate G said...

hahahahahahahahahaahhahahhahahahahaha hahaha hahah that's the bestest one evah! Thanks heather.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

wow...i missed this entry! sounds like you've to lots going on.

1. don't cancel your blog, we need you, you crazy fool.
2. what was the advice you gave B about his kids (just nosey).
3. what was the fight with K about?
4. have fun kickin' your tenant's ass out (is this the hooker)?
5. lunchroom lady...come on!!! Do you remember shaky in the kitchen? She use to give us this huge pile of chips and by the time she got it to the tray, it was nothing but some crumbs???? LOL

Oh and I'm missing you extra much right now....could use a hug.

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may be mad but at least you did not threaten to burn my house down or make me drive you naked to the cops.

7:14 AM  
Blogger heather said...

that's right K, at least you didn't do that...or punch him. no worries, you're golden.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home