Sunday, August 06, 2006

Summer



summer's over.... I hate leaving Maine. There is always so much I didn't get to do & people I didn't get to hang with... it just sucks. Fortunately, Mom & Wade spending the winter here in FLA will help with my home sickness. Just bought their tickets online today Nov. 1 they depart. Having family around will make the winter go by faster. I shouldn't crab because as my husband puts it - ' how many people get a six week vacation or more every year? ' It's not all fun & reindeer games though. We work hard while we're there. Always something to do, move, fix, split, pile, burn or make better. Then there's the fun & games & Bender Weekend. If it weren't for me, most of you would have nothing to talk about!!! I'll make a cd copy of the pictures from Olivia's Luau for those interested & send it to Alicia. I hope to get some photos of the summer back from those who took pictures.

Back to the grind. Look for more postings & keep in touch.

6 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

How long are Wade and your mom staying w/ you? All winter? A few weeks?
Oh and yes...you did leave people with stuff to talk about! LOL

6:27 PM  
Blogger Kate G said...

yup, they have decided to stay all damn winter & I think it's a good thing. Nov. 1 - May 31.... that will be when I come back. Tell everyone I'm pregnant with Manny's baby just for fun.

Chat with you as soon as I start work. Tuesday... Kate

8:51 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Can I say it's twins....
Wow! So is your mom giving up her job forever or just the winter?
She must be so exicted!! I'm excited for her.
And sometime I wanted to hear all the sticky stories about your summer happenings....

6:12 AM  
Blogger heather said...

wow. i'm gonna look for that postsecret book next time i go out of town.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Kate G said...

Oh I almost forgot to give props. This lovely photo of the newly named 'Kelly's Garden' was taken at Camp Welcome shortly after bender weekend. My very best buddy was in there with a chainsaw going to town on that hydrainga bush - I was little scared so I stayed away. She cut back then went down to the Faahhhmm & purchased some pretty plants (none of which I can name) that should come back every year. THEN - she mulched the whole damn thing. Looks mighty fine so says I. Thus we have officially named it "Kelly's Garden". Kudos to ACQI on a job well done in record time. No Alcohol involved.

9:11 AM  
Blogger heather said...

those are lilies (right?)...easter lilies me thinks. and i love that picture, great capture of color! strike a pose there's nothing to it...vogue.
kelly's garden is gorgeous darling, just gorgeous.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home