Monday, June 22, 2009

Questions for my Onesie

This is the most alone I've been in more than 10 years. My husband & daughter are on a 10 day trip to WI to visit the p.i.l.s whilst I stay home on puppy duty. Not that minding the little piranha is a chore. I signed up for this knowing full well what I was getting into. My point is, that I guess I'm never really all by my onesie. A whole bunch of nothing to do and all the time in the world to do it. It's almost startling how very little I do for myself. In two days I've read 4 books, some of which I'd started months ago only to get a couple chapters in and be torn away by some family crisis. I've checked all the things on my to do list off. I've visited all of my fav. thrift stores, played with the dog until he fell into unconsciousness. I'm well on my way to melanoma from over exposure... what's left?

What was it that I did before I had a busy family to take care of, a job to engross myself in, a sturdy completed home front and financial independence? Who was I and what did I do?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate G said...

I want to go the record having corrected the tone of this thought. I'm not nearly as pathetic as this sounds. It's just a brand new area into which I've entered. I can't look back at what I've done before because I've NEVER been in this situation before. It's all new. Not pathetic... more like aimless.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a few pops.....
Lu

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you see the irony here? Ask an open ended question and GOD finds a humorous way to answer it. Lesson: BE SPECIFIC with your heavenly questions.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home